Singing Lessons San Francisco
Vocal Coaching in San Francisco and Online Via Skype
Singing and Voice lessons for beginning through professional in a variety of styles of singing and voice including speaking voice/spoken word for musical artists and professional speakers.
Study singing and voice in private lessons with Ellie and get a down-to-earth approach to sining and vocal technique with one of the top west coast vocal studios. Although Ellie does not solicit “star” students, a remarkable number of her beginning singing clients go on to excel in the music industry. AFTER taking lessons with Ellie (there are no associates), students have gone on to:
- Grammy’s (Hollywood)
- San Diego Music Awards
- Los Angeles Music Awards
- Chinese Music Awards (the National awards show in China)
- Golden Sail/CASH Music Awards (Hong Kong)
- American Idol golden ticket (Hollywood)
- The Voice – host for a season (Hong Kong franchise)
- SuperIdol (Taiwan – runner up winner)
- Superstar K (Soeul, Korea)
- International Blues Challenge regional winner (Southern California – went to Memphis to compete nationally)
- MTV talent shows (I cannot name my client due to confidentiality)
- the ever, popular Much, Much More
Ellie has taught voice and singing lessons extensively in California and Europe as well as NYC and online with studios in Hollywood, San Francisco, San Diego, Amsterdam (NL), and NYC City. Her beginning students have been signed to major labels in the US, Europe, and Asia, played major festivals and venues in the US and throughout Western Europe and Asia (South By Southwest (SXSW) – US, Vienna Opera House, Melkweg – Amsterdam, Popkom – Berlin, Hong Kong Coliseum (solo show 2 night sold out) – major artist (not a beginner), etc).
Ellie accepts the tone deaf up through international professional singers in these genres:
- Jazz (100% admission rate to school of choice for university/conservatory auditions with one year of study)
- Musical Theatre
- Classical (90+% acceptance rate to music program of choice with one year of study)
- Most other styles except the heavy metal “demon voice” thing! There’s some chick in LA that does that (in person and through Skype lessons) though so Google away, kids!
Music Industry people come to Ellie cause she packs a lot into lessons. While Ellie is not expensive per se, many beginners don’t know what to expect to pay for vocal training. You can find cheaper lessons out there, but – as with a lot of things in life – you can often end up paying more in the long run due to slower progress. As the saying goes in Spanish “lo barato sale caro” (“the cheap is expensive”). There are a lot of quality people out there but it is sometimes hit or miss with voice training.
Some organizations that have worked with Ellie
- Funky Door Yoga in Oakland, CA; spoken voice for yoga instructors working a very large room
- Sierra Club legal department (and other law firms); spoken voice
- Politicians (names held back for privacy); spoken voice
- NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants); singing
- National University (San Diego); spoken voice
- Various artist development and management agencies and recording studios
- More – see Singing Lessons NYC (Ellie’s main site) for more student quotes, student awards, student venues, etc.
Sign up or see prices online or call 6i9-85i-3665 – text okay
In Chicago? Why not try Chicago School of Music Voice Lessons
Please note that Ellie is currently in NY for a bit and Skype lessons will be given when she is not in San Francisco.